The Greenlife Fund Our Environmental Policy
- What is the Greenlife Fund?
- Responsible Travel Checklist
- Our Environmental Policy
- Green 2019: Reducing plastic
- Greenlife Fund Projects
Greenlife Tours Responsible Travel
Greenlife Tours is investing in Responsible Travel as a means to support long term sustainability of the environments that we work in. To do so, as a company we follow guidelines and we encourage our clients and suppliers to adhere to eco-friendly travel principles. Here are the ecotourism and responsible travel commitments we are taking and the advice we provide to all of our clients:
The Green Life Tours Team Provides a positive environmental impact by:
- Educating and informing all team members about the local environment through training, briefing and dedicated FAM trips.
- Encouraging responsible behaviour on all of our holidays; responsible use of resources, especially water and adopting a zero litter policy.
- Ensuring that there is a system to respond to and act on any suggestions made by team members with regards to ecotourism initiatives.
- Ensuring that the type and scale of any environmental impact is appropriate to local conditions. All groups limited to an appropriate number e.g. 16 for a Guided walking tour
- Maintaining a comprehensive website that offers all information about the tours.
- Encouraging health and personal well-being for all employees and guides during working hours.
- Using electronic mail as opposed to post where possible.
- Advising guests on trail etiquette and responsible travel principles in all holiday packs.
- Encouraging guests to participate in local festivals and events that will enhance their understanding of the local culture.
- We work with our local accommodation suppliers to encourage recycling and energy saving practices, including drying laundry on a washing line and not in a tumble dryer.
- On escorted walks, all walkers should be conscious of the trails environment and pick up any litter found along the way.
Guides: Code of Conduct
- Maintain a professional, positive and respectful attitude in all communications with the local people and businesses.
- Maintain a strong leadership role and model correct behaviours in regards to the environment and local culture.
- Educate and ensure environmental awareness of the group.
- Guides are ambassadors for the region, culture and customs.
- Re-use and recycle wherever possible.
- We make sure to use the best combination of 1, 2, 3 stars accommodations depending on local infrastructure and availability;
- We select our accommodations in preference order ranking accommodations on their character, charm, staff friendliness, food quality and originality.
- We encourage our accommodation providers to recycle and to use energy responsibly by distributing a document to this effect at the start of the season.
- We encourage our clients to request new towels only if required, otherwise linen will usually be changed once a week, and towels twice a week.
- We encourage our clients to use a stainless steel or plastic bottle for the duration of their holiday. Reusable containers are easy to find and can be refilled along the way.
- We supply all of our holiday packs in digital format and we encourage that they are printed on double sided, recycled paper.
- We supply our clients with suggestions on how to reduce water use, and with how to minimise any damage to the environment and wildlife during their stay.
- Our holiday packs inform people on water points, local bars and restaurants along the way.
For more details about our treks and to book your trip, contact our travel specialists